When it comes to gift giving, I prefer to avoid gift cards but the teenagers in the family are so tough! Since I broke down and went the gift card route for the holiday, I at least wanted to dress the cards up a bit with pretty packaging. So, now I'm sharing the pillow box template I put together with you! The PDF pattern in this tutorial is sized to fit common gift card and retail packaging (you know, the kind you pick from the wall of gift card options), which is typically 4" x 5.25".
- Digital scrapbook paper
- 8.5" x 11" white card stock
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Bone folder
- PDF pillow box pattern (download the free pillow box pattern)
- Plate or other circular object that fits curve of box flap
- Print the paper pattern on one side of the white card stock and print the pillow box template on the other side.
- Cut along the solid lines of the pillow box pattern and use the bone folder and ruler to score the straight dotted lines.
- Line the plate up along the curved dotted lines and score around it using the bone folder.
- Fold along the straight lines with the pattern facing out. Tape or glue the flap on the patterned side and adhere to the opposite side of the box.
- Gently fold along the curved fold of the flaps on each end to create the "pillow" effect.
- Finish with some ribbon or a paper band and a tag.
Share this post
- Tags: How-To